No football tailgate or fall-themed party is complete without some chips and dip. Give you and your guests a unique treat with this cannabis-infused black bean dip from Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Your secret ingredient? Marijuana.
Makes: 3 cups
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- 3 cups unsalted black beans (from two 15 ounce cans), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies (fresh or canned)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cannaoil
- 2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 Roma tomato,, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Crumbled queso fresco (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the beans, chilies, garlic, tomato paste, ketchup, lime juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and cayenne until smooth and thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed
- With the machine running, add the cannoli in a steady stream through the feed tube. Blend for 1 minute to incorporate the oil
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with green onions, tomato, cilantro, and queso fresco, if using.
- Share with friends.
Message from Inkshares: We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce the enumerated photos for journalistic purposes, limited to publishing on Toke Tank.