One of the most basic ingredients in cannabis-infused creations, Cannaoil should be a stock recipe you come back to time and again. The team at Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis has created this great basic recipe; perfect for inclusion in many baked goods, savory meals and delightful snacks.
Makes: 6 cups
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon
- Large saucepan / pot
- Large glass bowl
- Strainer or sieve that fits the glass bowl
- Lidded glass jar (to store the finished cannoli)
- 6 cups cooking oil of your choice (such as olive, coconut, grape seed, sunflower, canola or a mixture)
- 1 ounce decarboxylated, ground cannabis buds, or 2 ounces decarboxylated dried, ground and trimmed cannabis leaf
- In a large saucepan, slowly heat the oil over low heat
- Whisk in the cannabis
- Cook for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Occasional bubbles in the mixture are okay, but do not let it boil
- While the oil cooks, line the strainer or sieve with cheesecloth and place it over a large glass bowl
- After 3 hours, pour the oil through the cheesecloth into the bowl. Press down on the cannabis with a spatula to extract all the oil. Discard the cheesecloth.
- Transfer the oil to a glass jar with a lid and store it in a cool, dark place.
- Use in your favorite Edible recipe.
Message from Inkshares: We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce for journalistic purposes, limited to publishing on Toke Tank.
Photo: Cottonseed Oil